More than 200 member-owners participated in Roanoke Electric Cooperative’s recent annual meeting, the first one conducted virtually in its 82-year history.
"I am extremely pleased with the amount of engagement we received from our membership during such an unprecedented time," said co-op's President and CEO Curtis Wynn.
During the Aug. 28 meeting, six board members were reelected. More than 1,100 member-owners cast ballots by mail and online for this year's election.
Those who will be maintaining their board seats are listed as follows:
- Columbus Jeffers (District 1): two years
- Delores Amason (District 2): three years
- Kenneth Jernigan (District 5): two years
- Millard Lee (District 6): three years
- Allen Speller (District 8): three years
- Chester Deloatch (District 9): two years
Meeting highlights also included updates on several of the co-op’s key initiatives, including the EV Pilot Program, Upgrade to $ave, and Roanoke Connect.
Participants were also entered into a door prize drawing for a variety giveaways. Member-owner Joel Earley of Ahoskie was the lucky winner of the $500 grand prize.
Check out the full video of this year’s meeting.