Straight Talk Community Forums
2019 Straight Talk forums: April-June
REC is again hosting its annual series of community forums held throughout the co-op's service territory. For co-op leadership, these forums provide a great opportunity to meet with member-owners and have one-on-one conversations about their electric service and share updates on programs and services. For member-owners, the forums offer the opportunity to give feedback and learn specifics of what the co-op is doing to enhance their quality of life in ways including, but not limited to, providing them safe, reliable and affordable electricity.
During this year’s forums, co-op leaders will share program news and updates with member-owners, focusing on four major initiatives for the remainder of 2019:
- the upcoming relaunch of the co-op's new residential Time-of-Day rate.
- Roanoke Connect including the schedule of broadband internet service installations currently underway and which segments are expected to "go live" in the coming months.
- the co-op's plans for an electric vehicle initiative.
- the recently deployed installation of advanced digital meters to improve the quality of service.
Member-owners are encouraged to attend and provide the feedback and insights critical to helping the co-op fulfill its mission and commitment to its owners and their communities. Dinner will be served at each forum, so member-owners are asked to pre-register in order to secure seats and meals. Sign up by calling 252-209-2267 or emailing RSVP@roanokeelectric.com. Please include your name, telephone number, and the number of guests who will be attending.
Also new this year: every member-owner over the age of 18 who attends will receive a door prize!
2019 Straight Talk forums schedule:
- The Ahoskie Inn in Ahoskie, 6 p.m., Tuesday, April 9
- Northampton County Culture & Wellness Center in Jackson, 6 p.m. Thursday, April 18
- Bertie County High School in Windsor, 6 p.m., Thursday, May 2
- Gates County High School Arts Building in Gatesville, 6 p.m. Thursday, May 16
- Halifax Agriculture Center in Halifax, 6 p.m., Tuesday, June 11