Stay tuned for upcoming application dates and internship details!
Each summer, Roanoke Electric Co-op offers a limited number of paid summer internships to high school graduates and college students. This program gives students the opportunity to connect with the workforce while increasing their knowledge of on-the-job skills and responsibilities. Students apply each spring and are selected based on relevant background, interests and a demonstrated ability to meet the following requirements:
- a working knowledge of personal computer systems is preferred
- dependability and availability during co-op business hours
- a willingness to develop an interest in and knowledge of the ideals and objectives of the co-op overall and that of team and department to which the intern is assigned
- a desire to learn and cooperate with fellow employees and his/her supervisor
- provide two professional recommendations to email@example.com (upon submission of each year’s online application form)
Student interns join the Roanoke team thanks to a program sponsorship by North Carolina’s Electric Cooperatives (NCEMC). The 2023 summer internships application period will be announced next spring, when online applications will be available at Careers at Roanoke.