2023 College Scholarship for High School Seniors – Deadline April 7
2023 College Scholarship applications are now being accepted!
Application deadline: April 7, 2023
Established in 1985, the Roanoke Electric Cooperative Scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded to a selected senior whose parents or legal guardians are member-owners of the Cooperative.
The scholarship is to aid a young person who:
- Has exhibited an understanding of the cooperative way of doing business
- Has limited financial resources
- Exhibits outstanding scholastic and leadership abilities in his/her school and community
- Is a high school seniors whose parents or legal guardians are member-owners of Roanoke Electric Cooperative (REC) are eligible to apply for the scholarship
The criteria for the selection is:
- Need: 50%
- Scholastic Achievement 25%
- Extra-Curricular Activities and Cooperative Question 25%
In addition, the winner must have been accepted by an accredited two or four-year college or university in North Carolina.
The Scholarship money will be paid directly to the college or university according to the institution’s payment policy, after REC receives a letter from the recipient confirming their enrollment. Should the recipient withdraw from college, reimbursement of unused monies shall be returned to REC. In the event the recipient receives financial assistance from other sources which would constitute a full scholarship, they shall notify REC and relinquish rights to the scholarship. The monies shall then be awarded to the runner-up provided that person continues to meet all requirements.
For more information or if you have any questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252.209.2236.
The winner will also receive a certificate of the award at REC’s Annual Meeting held the fourth Saturday in August.