2023 College Scholarship application period ended in April 2023. The 2024 scholarship application process for 2024 begins in January 2024.
The scholarship is to aid a young person who:
- Has exhibited an understanding of the cooperative way of doing business
- Has limited financial resources
- Exhibits outstanding scholastic and leadership abilities in his/her school and community
- Is a high school seniors whose parents or legal guardians are member-owners of Roanoke Cooperative (RC) are eligible to apply for the scholarship
The criteria for the selection is:
- Need: 50%
- Scholastic Achievement 25%
- Extra-Curricular Activities and Cooperative Question 25%
In addition, the winner must have been accepted by an accredited two or four-year college or university in North Carolina.
The Scholarship money will be paid directly to the college or university according to the institution’s payment policy, after RC receives a letter from the recipient confirming their enrollment. Should the recipient withdraw from college, reimbursement of unused monies shall be returned to RC. In the event the recipient receives financial assistance from other sources which would constitute a full scholarship, they shall notify RC and relinquish rights to the scholarship. The monies shall then be awarded to the runner-up provided that person continues to meet all requirements.
For more information or if you have any questions – email email@example.com or call 252.209.2236.
The winner will also receive a certificate of the award at RC’s Annual Meeting held the fourth Saturday in August.