Welcome to the Roanoke Electric Cooperative’s philanthropic giving program. Roanoke Electric Cooperative has established these guidelines for the allocation of contributions.
- The requesting organization must be based in Roanoke Electric’s service territory (Hertford, Bertie, Gates, Northampton, Halifax, Chowan, and Perquimans counties), and conduct the majority of its philanthropic activity in the territory.
- The purpose of the donation must be strongly related to the cooperative’s mission, vision and values.
- Preference will be given to donations that are focused on:
- Education and youth development
- Workforce development
- Community development
- The organization must be able to show Roanoke Electric how the donation is being put to good use (i.e., take pictures, report results, etc.).
- Organizations can ask for monetary funds, goods, services, employee volunteers, promotional gifts branded with cooperative logo, or other types of requests, as long as it fits in with the aforementioned guidelines.
For requests over $250, we suggest you submit a full application to the Care Trust Operation Roundup program for assistance in funding your project. For more information go to Operation RoundUp.
For questions about our philanthropic giving process, please contact Patrice Jordan at (252) 209-2236 or PJordan@roanokecooperative.com. Be sure to include the following information in your voicemail or e-mail:
- Name of Organization
- Preferred Contact Information
- Best time to reach you (between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m).
- Description of your request