Roanoke Electric Cooperative has announced a new webinar series to share timely information on cost effective programs and services available to member-owners, Roanoke Connect’s continued broadband rollout and explore various topic issues affecting surrounding communities. The series will from March 18 to Dec. 14, 2021.
“While the pandemic has changed much in terms of our ability to meet with our membership in person, our commitment to keeping them informed remains the same,” said Kirby Jordan, the co-op’s vice-president of member services, marketing and public relations.
Representatives from the co-op will cover different topics at each meeting and a guest speaker will cover broader community topics on everything from diversity, equity and inclusion to healthcare.
“We are also still devoted to bridging the digital divide during the pandemic in the rural areas of the co-op’s service territory,” said Jordan. “To that end, these sessions will continue to offer a progress report on the Roanoke Connect initiative, with details about the construction schedule and deployment timelines.”
In addition to an update on Roanoke Connect, the webinars will also address the following related topics:
- March 18, 2021 (6 pm -7 pm) Topic: Healthcare & Vaccines: Guest speaker Dr. T. Brent Chafin
- May 18, 2021 (6 pm -7 pm) Topic: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
- July 15, 2021 (2 pm -3 pm) Topic: Economic Development
- August 28, 2021 (9 am -11 am) REC Virtual Annual Meeting
- October 14, 2021 (2 pm -3 pm) Topic: Education
- December 14, 2021 (2 pm -3 pm) Topic: Holiday Social