In this new feature, the co-op will update you each month on the progress of the Roanoke Connect, broadband initiative. Construction is currently underway to bring high-speed internet service to homes and business throughout the region. The buildout of the fiber optic network will cover more than 2,000 square miles and is anticipated to take five years to six years complete.
WHERE WE ARE
- Crews are currently laying the groundwork for parts of the Conway area in Northampton County. Installations plan to start by the second week February.
- We have started installing internet to homes in these areas: Flea Hill Rd.; Britton Rd.; St. John-Menola Rd. ; Benthall Bridge Rd.; and Liverman Mill Rd. Service may not be available on the entire roads listed above.
WHERE TO NEXT?
- Next stops for planned installations will be in Mapleton, scheduling for installs will begin on or around April 2021. We appreciate everyone’s patience and would like to reminder our interested residents, the above dates could change due to inclement weather.
HOW TO SIGN UP?
- We are asking anyone who is interested to register by clicking here: Roanoke Connect
- You can also call 1-800-433-2236 (option 4)