Do you find yourself struggling to pay your heating bill this winter?
Beginning this month, eligible member-owners can apply for funding assistance through the North Carolina Low Income Energy Assistance Program.
LIEAP offers eligible households to the opportunity receive a one-time payment, payable to their heating vendor. Applications will be accepted through March 31 or until funds are exhausted.
Please be advised that households must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Have at least one U.S. citizen or non-citizen who meets the eligibility criteria.
- Meet an income test.
- Have reserves at or below $2,250.
- Be responsible its heating costs.
Contact the following departments of social services to apply:
- Gates County DSS: 252-357-0075
- Bertie County DSS: 252-794-5320
- Halifax County DSS: 252-536-2511
- Hertford County DSS: 252-358-7830
- Northampton County DSS: 252-534-5811
- Perquimans County DSS: 252-426-1806