Roanoke Electric Cooperative is taking steps now to be prepared in the event there is a significant impact from the coronavirus in the communities we serve. We are focused on maintaining a healthy workforce, and keeping key personnel—such as line workers and member service representatives— available so that we can continue to provide the excellent service you expect from us.
In order to minimize potential spread, we encourage you to utilize our online and by-phone services, including bill pay options from the convenience of your home
Please take everyday precautions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases as recommended by the CDC and the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services. These include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- It is not recommended that people who are well wear a facemask, but facemasks should be used by those who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of disease to others.
Stay extra vigilant about cyber scams regarding COVID-19. Cyber actors may send emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Exercise caution in handling any email with a COVID-19-related subject line, attachment, or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts or calls related to COVID-19.