If you’re searching for the latest gadgets and electronics to gift but don’t know where to start, here’s a list of ideas to consider for your tech-savvy loved ones.
Gifts for those on the go: We all have that one friend who never stays in one place, so they’ll appreciate gifts that keep them charged and entertained while on the go.
- A portable charger (or power bank) can keep their smartphones and tablets juiced. You can purchase portable chargers online or at local retailers for as low as $20. Typically, these compact devices can fully charge an iPhone three times before running out of steam.
- A Bluetooth speaker is another great gift to keep those on the go entertained. Whether they’re listening to their favorite tunes or watching the latest flick, Bluetooth speakers can clarify and amplify volume to satisfy any media enthusiast. Prices range depending on features, but you can purchase a quality Bluetooth speaker online or at local retailers for as low as $30.
Gifts for the chef: Every foodie knows that temperature and weight matters when mastering the perfect culinary dish.
- A Bluetooth-connected thermometer can help your chef ensure a delicious (and safe-to-eat) meal. Just download the associated app and keep an eye on the grill right from your smartphone or tablet. Prices vary from $30 to $200. These handy gadgets can be purchased online or at any big box store, like Wal-Mart or Target.
- A digital kitchen scale is a must for any culinary pro. No more guessing. The easy-to-read digital screen ensures the exact weight or amount required for that perfect dish. Prices vary depending on the weight the scale can handle, but you can find a 13-pound max weight scale for about $20 on Amazon.com.
Gifts for the pet owner: Let’s face it, pet owners would be lost without their fur babies.
- Luckily, pet tracking products continue to advance, so pet owners can always keep a watchful eye on their furry friends. Most trackers simply attach to your pet’s collar. Prices vary depending on the tracker’s capabilities, but some features include water resistance, health monitoring and exceptional battery life. You can purchase pet trackers online or at your local pet store.
- Speaking of keeping an eye on pets, you can also purchase surveillance cameras for real-time monitoring. Some cameras even allow you to toss treats to your furry friend while you’re away. Additional features include a microphone (so you can talk to your pets), a built-in laser toy (for our feline friends) and the ability to snap a photo or take video from your smartphone. Prices vary depending on the bells and whistles, but you can purchase a pet camera for as low as $40 on Amazon.com.
Source: Abby Berry writes on consumer and cooperative affairs for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, the national trade association representing more than 900 local electric cooperatives. From growing suburbs to remote farming communities, electric co-ops serve as engines of economic development for 42 million Americans across 56 percent of the nation’s landscape.