Have you ever wondered what causes your power to go out or blink? Roanoke Electric Co-op takes pride in being able to keep your lights on. However, we do recognize that sometime outages may occur. The video below gives insight about the most common causes of power outages.
Rebates & Incentives
Water Heater Rebate Program
The purpose of the Water Heater Rebate program is to promote the use of energy efficient appliances in the residences of Roanoke Electric member-owners. Rebates are paid for the purchase and installation of a new electric water heaters with at least a 40-gallon tank. Rebate program details are as follows:
- Must be a Roanoke Electric Member-owner
- $75.00 Incentive/Rebate - Replacement of existing water heater
- $150.00 Incentive/Rebate - Installation in a new home construction
- Must complete a water heater rebate application
- Must provide PROOF OF PURCHASE (RECEIPT)
- Must provide a copy of warranty and description of water heater
- Must be at least a 40-gallon capacity
- Must have at least a 10 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Must have an Energy Factor of 0.94 Or Greater
- Must be Energy Star Certified
- Approved applications are paid directly to the member-owner
Submit a Water Heater Rebate Application to:
The Roanoke Center
P.O. Box 148
Rich Square, NC 27869
News and Events
Roanoke Electric Co-op is now offering its ecobee3 thermostat at no cost to member-owners. In the past, member-owners could purchase the Wi-Fi enabled thermostat at up to 60 percent off of retail price. Now, member-owners pay absolutely nothing for the thermostat and still enjoy the monthly savings of at least $4.00.
From Curtis Wynn, president and CEO
In honor of our history and future, we will be celebrating National Co-op Month in October. Please join us in celebrating by stopping by our office and enjoying free snacks, getting some great information, and various giveaways every Friday in the month of October.