Have you ever wondered what causes your power to go out or blink? Roanoke Electric Co-op takes pride in being able to keep your lights on. However, we do recognize that sometime outages may occur. The video below gives insight about the most common causes of power outages.
Roanoke Electric Philanthropic Giving
Welcome to the Roanoke Electric Cooperative's philanthropic giving program. Roanoke Electric Cooperative has established these guidelines for the allocation of contributions.
• The requesting organization must be based in Roanoke Electric's service territory (Hertford, Bertie, Gates, Northampton, Halifax, Chowan, and Perquimans counties), and conduct the majority of its philanthropic activity in the territory.
• The purpose of the donation must be strongly related to the cooperative's mission, vision and values.
• Preference will be given to donations that are focused on:
o Education and youth development
o Workforce development
o Community development
• The organization must be able to show Roanoke Electric how the donation is being put to good use (i.e. take pictures, report results, etc).
• Organizations can ask for monetary funds, goods, services, employee volunteers, promotional gifts branded with cooperative logo or other types of requests, as long as it fits in with the aforementioned guidelines.
All requests must be submitted using the online Donation Request form.
All proposals will be reviewed by our Philanthropic Giving Committee and decisions will be communicated to the requesting organization in a timely manner.
For questions about our philanthropic giving process, please dial 252.209.2278 Be sure to include the following information in your voicemail or e-mail:
• Name of Organization
• Preferred Contact Information
• Best time to reach you (between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m).
• Description of your request
News and Events
Roanoke Electric Co-op is now offering its ecobee3 thermostat at no cost to member-owners. In the past, member-owners could purchase the Wi-Fi enabled thermostat at up to 60 percent off of retail price. Now, member-owners pay absolutely nothing for the thermostat and still enjoy the monthly savings of at least $4.00.
From Curtis Wynn, president and CEO
In honor of our history and future, we will be celebrating National Co-op Month in October. Please join us in celebrating by stopping by our office and enjoying free snacks, getting some great information, and various giveaways every Friday in the month of October.